Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Menus for Meal Planning


I’m always searching for ways to make meal planning more efficient. Usually we thumb through our family recipe binder to see what sounds good for the week based on what we have in the freezer and the pantry. A thought struck me that when you go to a restaurant , you skip to the portion of the menu that you know you’re craving. 

I’ve created breakfast, lunch and dinner menus below based on categories so when it’s time to meal plan on Friday’s, it easy to select meals from a few categories. For some things like chicken sandwiches and quesadillas, it’s easy to make variations of each of those. For example, this week we had Philly cheesesteak quesadillas and mushroom and Swiss chicken sandwiches.  

The menus are printed and posted in our kitchen so the kids can use it as a guide when preparing their breakfasts and lunches. Hoping it will stop the constant question, “I’m hungry, what should I eat?”

Most importantly, we try to aim for 30-40 grams of protein per meal with two athletic teens in the house. It’s easy to reach that goal by adding a glass of Fairlife milk, adding cottage cheese or doubling the protein in your main dish.

If you need some meal ideas, feel free to download the docs below and let me know what your family favorites are that I’m missing!


No comments:

Post a Comment